Here’s a recipe for a quick side dish, which you can make in a heartbeat and will bring delicious Korean vibes to your dinner table.
Preparation Time: 5 min | Resting/Cooling Time: 60min-24h | Serves: 2 | Spice level: 🌶
What you’ll need:
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tsp gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green onion/spring onion/scallion, diced
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 whole cucumber, sliced and halved
- Sea salt
- Start by sprinkling some sea salt on your sliced cucumber. Rub the salt in and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the other ingredients together, except the sesame seeds, which you will use to garnish.
- Once the time is up, rinse the cucumber nicely. Pour the combination of the ingredients and stir everything together. Refrigerate for at least an hour. It will be better the following day but it tastes pretty nice after an hour or so.
- Easy, right? Enjoy!