This dish is ideal for a quick dinner! A sweet and spicy marinade for beef, goes great with a bowl of sticky rice and a nice cold beer.
Preparation Time: 30-60 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serves: 2 | Spice level: 0
What you’ll need:
- About 400g of beef, cut in thin slices.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sesame oil
- 1/8 cup (30ml) rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Half an onion, chopped in half moons
- A bowl of sticky rice (or any rice of your choosing)
- 3 scallions/spring onions, sliced thinly
- Sesame seeds
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger. Pour this marinade over your beef for at least 30 minutes (ideally, an hour or two will achieve a better flavor, but half an hour works too)
- Heat a heavy grill pan until it’s very hot!
- Place your beef and the onion on the hot pan, making sure that you leave behind as much of the marinade as possible. Do not discard it, you’ll need it later.
- Grill the meat until it starts to caramelize. You’ll notice that the edges will become darker and crusty. The onion will remain on the crunchy side.
- Once your meat is nicely caramelized, pour the marinade over it and let it sizzle for a couple of minutes.
- Serve it with some rice on the side. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and scatter some fresh green onions on top. For an extra kick, you can always had some sliced red chili peppers of your choosing.